I am looking for the best lawyer, attorney or advocate in South Africa for my case. How do I find him or her?

I am in search of a trustworthy attorney or advocate. Please direct me to reputable sources to find one. There are many reputable sources for legal advice and services. Some options include consulting with an advocate or attorney, reaching out to a legal aid organisation, or searching for legal resources through your various websites. It’s essential to research and choose a reliable source to ensure that you receive accurate and trustworthy legal guidance, advice or representation. When do I decide that there is a need to consult with a lawyer, attorney, or advocate? Consider consulting with a lawyer, attorney, or advocate if you are facing a legal issue or have questions you need help with. Some everyday situations where you may want to consult a lawyer include:  1. You have been arrested or charged with a crime;  2. You are facing a civil lawsuit or have been served with legal I want to learn more

Parental Guardianship Consent when it comes to School – May a parent refused to give consent?

Parental consent for a minor child’s enrolment into a school – What can you do if co-guardianship consent is refused? Children have a right to a decent education—one which would benefit them in life. Every caring parent wants to give their child the best education possible according to their specific circumstances and station in life.  Not all parents earn the same amount of money or have access the best type of education. However, most parents will do their best, which the law and society expect of all parents. In doing so, they ensure that their child has the best opportunities in life. Parents co-operating in educating their minor children It is vitally important for parents to co-operate when it comes to their minor child’s education. This relates to the enrollment into a school, the paying of school fees, transportation, parent involvement, homework, etc. If one parent does not wish to I want to learn more

Planning on getting married? You may want to enter into an antenuptial contract

The role of antenuptial contracts in South Africa – What do you need to know before getting married? When people are in love, they often want to spend the rest of their lives together. And one way of doing so is to get married. Usually, after they got married, they will start a family. However, there is one important aspect many people do not consider before getting married. And that is the propriety regime that would apply to their marriage. In other words, what belongs to who during the marriage and after the marriage should they divorce or one spouse passes away. Marriages in community of property – The Standard Regime In South Africa, the default matrimonial property regime is that of in community of property and profit and loss.  What this means, is that whatever property the couple have during the marriage, they would share. This includes debt. Therefore, I want to learn more

Child contact and visitation disputes during the December/January School Holidays

Legal advice for parents from an Advocate regarding care and contact disputes during the December / January School Holidays The end of the year marks the start of the holiday season. Schools are closing, and most parents will be using their annual leave. It is the ideal time to spend time with family and friends and just rest and have fun. If you have children, you also want to spend quality time with them. This is especially so if not much time was spent together during the year. Ideally, both mom and dad would live in the same home as the children. However, that is not always the case. There are many reasons for that. It can relate to divorce, separation, or incompatibility. The list goes on. Regardless, each parent wants to spend quality time with their child during this festive season. And why should they not? Let us first I want to learn more

Best Advocate or Attorney Legal Services in Cape Town

How to find the best advocate or attorney for legal services in South Africa? Finding the best legal practitioners for you is not always straightforward. However, with some research and attention to detail, you will find the right person for the job sooner than later. Advocates and attorneys both assist their clients with legal matters. Legal issues vary, and not all advocates and attorneys do the same type of work. And then again, not all attorneys are the same, and not all advocates are the same. You should be familiar with this if you intend to use the top or best attorney or advocate for your matter. Type of Attorney in South Africa When we speak about attorneys, we need to differentiate them from lawyers in general. A lawyer can be someone who works for the government or in a corporation and who only advises on legal issues. They would I want to learn more

Top and Best Attorney or Trust Account Advocate Advice – Cape Town, South Africa

Top and the best advocate or attorney for your family law legal matters When it comes to Family Law, it is of paramount importance that you use the best trust account advocate or attorney for your legal matter. Not necessarily the most expensive or most experienced. It, therefore, does not have to be the top lawyer or well-known advocate in the field. However, the trust account advocate or attorney must be someone you can work with and who is willing to fight for you. This applies whether you are dealing with a child maintenance matter or a relocation consent application. It is even more critical if you are dealing with a sensitive matter involving parental alienation. If you cannot work with your attorney or trust account advocate, the results will not be as best as they could have been. Even worse, your case may be doomed if the attorney or I want to learn more

Best Attorneys, Advocates, and lawyers to assist you in your Court Custody matter. When is the best time to get them involved in your case?

Best Attorneys, Advocates, and lawyers to assist you in your Court Custody matter. When is the best time to get them involved in your case? When dealing with a family law matter, it is essential that you obtain the best legal advice possible. And in this regard, the best attorney, lawyer, or advocate for you. Not necessarily the most expensive or experienced. This is so as we are dealing with your children, that require the best care and protection. Child custody, child guardianship, visitation and care are all interrelated. However, they all have one underlying principle: the child’s best interests. If parents cannot agree on what is in the child’s best interest, Attorneys, Advocates, lawyers, and the Court may get involved. Your legal representative needs to be on the same page as you. What do child custody, child guardianship, visitation and care relate to? The terms child custody, child guardianship, I want to learn more

Frequently asked Child Custody Questions, answered by Adv. Muhammad Abduroaf

Frequently asked Child Custody and Guardianship Questions, answered by Adv. Muhammad Abduroaf, Advocate of the High Court of South Africa Parents who are separated or having difficulties in their marriage or relationship often have questions regarding issues regarding child custody, care, visitation, and guardianship. Below are a few questions that Adv. Muhammad Abduroaf attempt to answer. What is the most common child custody agreement? The most common child custody agreement is for one parent to have primary care and for the other to have reasonable contact. That basically means the child would be cared for by one parent during the school week, and the other parent would have visitation rights every other weekend. Sometimes visitation would be during the week as well. Regarding school holidays, each parent would care for the child equally if possible. That would mean that the school holidays would be split in half. There are many I want to learn more

Claiming Child Maintenance from Grandparents – What does the law say?

Claiming Child Maintenance from Grandparents – What does the law say? Many people are of the view that child maintenance may only be claimed by the parents of a child. They have that view even in the case where the parents cannot afford to maintain the child, but the grandparents can. At the outset, we state that the latter view is incorrect. If parents cannot afford to maintain a child, a claim for maintenance may be made against both the paternal and maternal grandparents of the child involved. This applies whether or not the child was born in or out of wedlock. Prior to 2004, or before the case of Petersen v Maintenance Officer, Simon’s Town Maintenance Court, and Others 2004 (2) SA 56 (C), the law allowed parents to claim maintenance for their minor children from maternal and paternal grandparents, as long as the child was born within wedlock, I want to learn more

Call Now ButtonCall now