Advocate: Meet the legal expert, Advocate Muhammad Abduroaf
Advocate Muhammad Abduroaf – If you are not part of the legal fraternity (paralegal, attorney or advocate), Advocate Muhammad Abduroaf is a lawyer, more specific an Advocate of the High Court of South Africa, or, as sometimes referred by others, as a Barrister. He was admitted as an advocate and practised as such for over 15 years.
The Advocate – Legal Experience
Advocate Abduroaf is quite educated in the law, holding a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B) and a Master of Laws (LL.M) Degree on his back, both from the University of the Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa. His Master’s Degree was in Constitutional Litigation and the courses that he completed were International Environmental Law and Constitutional Criminal Justice. His mini-thesis was entitled “A right to protected rivers: An analysis of the fulfilment of the State’s Constitutional obligation to take reasonable legislative and other measures that promote the conservation and secure the sustainable use of rivers in South Africa.”
Advocate Abduroaf’s Legal Specialization
As for his current practising of law, Advocate Abduroaf specializes in litigation and complicated legal issues. Therefore, legal problem solving is his game. The nature of litigation could either be commercial, criminal, constitutional or family, to mention a few. If you, however, ask him what his forte is as an Advocate, he would answer, “the application of constitutional, or human rights Law into the various laws that he practices.” Sounds confusing? We know.
He has, however, formed part of the development of child support/maintenance law, on a constitutional basis, and has a wealth of experiences in family law.
DID YOU KNOW THIS ABOUT THE ADVOCATE:
Advocate Muhammad Abduroaf was the advocate who won a groundbreaking case for his client. Because of this case, it is now possible to claim maintenance from paternal grandparents of children born out of wedlock. This was not possible for over 80 years. The relevant case is Petersen v Maintenance Officer Simon’s Town Maintenance Court and Others 2004 2 SA 56 (C) 381
DID YOU ALSO KNOW:
Advocate Muhammad Abduroaf was an Advocate in an important constitutional case. This was where the Cape High Court confirmed the extensive powers of the Maintenance Court, which includes interdicting pension funds. The relevant case is Soller v Maintenance Magistrate, Wynberg and Others 2006 2 SA 66 (C) 2006 446.
As an Advocate, his work comes to him via attorneys. If you ask why, the client has to first go to an attorney with his or her problem, and then the attorney instructs the advocate, if necessary, under the circumstances, or if the client persists. Of course, this is still the practice in South Africa, unless the Advocate practices with a Trust Account. Therefore, if you require the assistance of an attorney, depending on the nature of your matter, we can refer you to a specific one.
Advocate Muhammad Abduroaf’s legal experiences range from Magistrates Court, Civil, Criminal, and maintenance and Domestic Violence matters, to High Court Litigation. For this reason, he applied in practice, various laws which include amongst others, family, commercial, constitutional, delictual, contractual and criminal. In conclusion, he is the right man for the job.
View some of the articles written by Advocate Muhammad Abduroaf by clicking on the links:
- How to Apply for Child Maintenance at Court – Step by Step Guide and Advice
- Child Maintenance Question. How much should I pay or contribute as a parent?
- Child Support or maintenance claims. Does an unemployed father pay?
- Non-compliance with Maintenance Orders — Civil and Criminal Remedies
- Tricks and tips on how to win your child maintenance case
- The Law Regarding Children – The Children’s Act 38 of 2005
- Child born out of wedlock: Mother will not consent to her surname change and to be registered as her biological father. What can I do?
- How do I get full custody over my child?
- Parental Child Abuse in Custody Cases
- Relocate with minor child. Parent Refusing Consent for a Passport
- Father being refused contact to his child! What are his rights as a Father?
- Father’s Parental Responsibilities and Rights to his Child
- Urgent Access to your Children without a Lawyer
- Parenting Plans and the Law
- What happens in a custody dispute where one parent is mentally ill?
- How to win your child custody and access court case – Tips and Tricks
- Rights of care, contact and guardianship of grandparents to their grandchildren – What does the law say?
Divorce & Property
- How to Change your Matrimonial Property Regime
- Do your own Unopposed Divorce. No lawyers needed and its Free.
- Parental Rights of Divorced Muslim parents after a Talaq or Faskh
- Free Online Divorce Assistance Form – DIY Cape Town South Africa comprising of:
- I’m in a physically and emotionally abusive relationship. Help from Abuse.
- How to make a Domestic Violence Application
Contact Advocate Muhammad Abduroaf
If you wish to contact Advocate Muhammad Abduroaf, feel free to call 0211110090.