Maintenance Defaulters – Cape Town

Failure to comply with a maintenance order

First of all, what is a maintenance order?

A maintenance order is a direct instruction from the court to the parent, to pay child maintenance/child support.

Call our law offices on: 0211110090
Email us at: [email protected]

Maintenance defaulters very seriously and therefore, failure to comply with the order is classified as a criminal charge. This implies that the order is legally enforceable – in other words, the court can, and will intervene. The defaulting parent can therefore lay a criminal charge at the court after they have applied for a maintenance order at the Magistrates Court.

Maintenance Court Procedure

Every local area will have its own magistrate’s court which is also a maintenance court that deal with maintenance legal matters. You may visit your closest magistrate’s court in which the maintenance officer will advise you as to what to bring along.

Call our law offices on: 0211110090
Email us at: [email protected]

When trying to claim for maintenance or apply for an order, you will need to bring along:

  • Your identity document
  • Your child’s birth certificate
  • A payslip to show what you earn
  • Bills and receipts that could be of help
  • The name of the other parent, place of work, and other relevant details
  • A recent photograph of the other parent, if you have one.

Our Lawyer Pty Ltd are professional legal experts in family law who have dealt with a number of maintenance legal matters. What is it that sets us aside from the rest?

Call our law offices on: 0211110090
Email us at: [email protected]

First of all, you will avoid the long wait of gaining expert legal advice as opposed to the magistrates court. Once you call our offices for an online appointment, you will have an immediate set date for your professional legal consultation.

Our law offices are set in a central, safe setting at Suit 702, 7th Floor, The Pinnacle, on the corner of Strand and Burg Street in the CBD. Our offices are neat and comfortable in which you can enjoy free Wi-Fi and confidential consultations. Call our offices today to make an appointment with us today.

Failure to comply with maintenance order

Have your spouse failed to pay child support?

It is time you consider your family legal expert to help you execute the legal steps you entitled to take – dealt with child maintenance defaulters over many years and therefore, took out the time to comply original, expert legal advice article for your convenience.

Call our law offices on: 0211110090
Email us at: [email protected]

For free legal advice articles, click on the following links below. These article are thoroughly composed by a family legal expert:

Make an online appointment with us today and call our offices on 021 424 34 87 or call our national number on 087 701 124.



About the Author

Advocate South Africa

Legal Advisor for Our Lawyer (Pty) Ltd
Call 0211110090
For appointments: https://www.ourlawyer.co.za/advice

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like these

Call now