Registering Ante Nuptial Contract
An ANC is an agreement in black and white between two parties before entering into marriage. The agreement stipulates how assets will be dealt with in the event of divorce or death. Having an ante nuptial contract benefits you in the following ways:
- Debt incurred by the other party, will not be affect you financially due to the ANC in place.
- The ANC can be drafted and tailored according to your circumstances so you can get the most out it.
- The ANC allows the parties to remain separate in estates.
- Parties will not need each other’s consent in financial dealings.
- Parties can maintain their own financial independence.
To have your ANC registered, call our law offices on 021 424 3487 to find out more on how you can go about having your ANC registered. For professionally drafting, speak to our legal expert today and have a consultation with us.
Engage with our efficient online appointment system and have us make an online appointment for you today!
Ante Nuptial Contract without Accrual
Having the accrual system excluded from the ANC means that you and your spouse will manage assets separately. This means that estates will also function independently from each other. Any assets and liabilities acquired during the marriage will remain separate as well. The accrual system is effective as it protects the other spouse against creditors/debt incurred by the other party.
For a better understanding on how the accrual system is incorporated into a marriage, speak to your family legal expert today. Below are some link that could be helpful regarding your ANC:
- Anti Nuptial Contract: questions and answers
- Changing matrimonial property regime: questions and answers
- How to change your matrimonial property regime
Ante Nuptial Contract after marriage
It essential to have your ANC professionally, legally drafted by a legal expert who is well experienced and know what he/she is doing. Some couples take the easy way or the least costly route, which is later to their detriment after being married.