Changing your Matrimonial Property Regime Questions and Answers

Changing your Matrimonial Property Regime Questions and Answers

Changing your Matrimonial Property Regime Questions and Answers

We introduced this Changing your Matrimonial Property Regime Questions and Answers page for you to post questions you may have on the topic. For example, if you want to know whether you should change your matrimonial property regime, pose a question with some background facts. At the same time, should you be able to assist others who posted questions below, requiring some advice on Changing your Matrimonial Property Regime, please proceed and reply to their comments. In that manner, we would all be able to assist each other and increase our online knowledge base. Therefore, although we a are legal consultancy, specialising in family law, you may have problems or experiences that we have not encountered. Let us share in our knowledge of Changing your Matrimonial Property Regime.

We are conveniently located in the Pinnacle Building, in the Cape Town CBD. Click here to call us on (021) 4243487 or send us an email.

advice-child-maintenance-child-custody-divorceOther family law resources on this website

There are various other family law resources on this website that you may find useful. For example, there is a downloadable child maintenance calculator. The resources may assist you with whatever questions you have, or information you require on Changing your Matrimonial Property Regime. Therefore, after posting your question, or any time after, have a look at the useful resources and information on our website. Some of these resources are listed hereafter.

Articles and Q&A

There are a range of legal articles on this website dealing with various family law issues. Some of these articles are straight forward, outlining the legal position on a family law related topic. For example, how to apply for child maintenance, or how to get divorced. Other articles are written in the form of answering a specific legal question. For example, do I pay maintenance if I am unemployed, or what do I do if I want to leave the country with my child, and the other parent does not want to provide consent? Those articles are in blog format. This means that you are welcome to comment or pose questions to increase our knowledge base. The clear idea behind our website is that we want to make family law legal information more accessible and available to the public.

Downloadable resources

We created some downloadable resources for free on this website. They are:

1 Free Basic Will Tool Kit

2. Free Shariah Will Template

3. Free Divorce Starter Tool Kit

4. Free Child Maintenance Calculator

Feel free to download these useful resources. Click on the links above, and complete the online purchase process. The purchase price is R 0. Thereafter, a downloadable link would be emailed to you. Once you received the email, download it as soon as possible as the link would expire after two months. We hope that we assisted you with any queries you had on Changing your Matrimonial Property Regime. If not, feel free to arrange a consultation with us.advice-child-maintenance-child-custody-divorce

Sharing is Caring

If you find any of our articles and posts interesting, or possibly useful to others, please like and share it on Social Media by clicking on the icons below. Should you require any other legal services and advice, not related to family law, visit Private Legal.




Print Friendly, PDF & Email

10 thoughts on “Changing your Matrimonial Property Regime Questions and Answers”

  1. Good evening. I am currently married in community of property. Is it possible to change it to out of community of property?

  2. Good day,
    My friend keep hammering me about the importance of a parenting plan, why is this so crucial legal in the event of a divorce?

  3. Good day
    The father of my child has not been around and earns enough money to pay maintenance regularly. He continues to disregard our child and always has excuses to pay child support. What can I do to get him to pay child support? I know he earns enough.
    Can I get a maintenance order or take him to court?


  4. Hi
    My name is David and I am a father of 4 kids. I am unable to pay maintenance for my kids but I am willing to meet her half way in whichever way I can. However, their mother has taken out an interdict against me so I can’t come near my kids. Can she do this?
    Please help.


    1. Good day David

      The mother is within her rights to take out the interdict. We presume its not a final interdict. Whether she will be successful in making it final is another issue all together. Here the court would listen to her reason and evidence and to you too.

      Best of luck.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *