Passport Applications Consent

Parents often travel overseas, and sometimes want to take their child with them. If parents are separated, they sometimes disagree on the issue of their child obtaining a passport. As the law stands, both parents who are holders of parental responsibilities and rights of guardianship should give consent for a minor child’s application for a passport. The child has a constitutional right to it. When parents cannot agree on the issue of consent, the law would have to come in.

Should you require legal advice on your specific situation, kindly set up a legal advice consultation by using the form below. Otherwise, browse and learn from over 300 webpages, and over 3000 questions and answers on our website.

As you will see below, there is no obligation to go ahead with the consultation once you completed the online form. We will, however, send you an email and other communications where after you can decide whether you want to go ahead with the consultation.

Call now