South Africa – Frequently Asked Divorce Questions – Cape Town

Frequently Asked Questions on Divorce – Cape Town South Africa How long does it take to get an uncontested divorce in South Africa? If the parties are in agreement to the divorce, and sign a consent paper or settlement agreement, it can take about 4 weeks. However, if they cannot come to an agreement on all aspects, for example, child maintenance and custody, then it can take about a year. This is if all goes well an no party tries to delay the process. How long does it take to get an amicable divorce? It all depend on the parties. If it is indeed amicable, then approximately four weeks. It is best to have a lawyer assist in the process. However, you can do it DIY. How much does it cost to get a divorce? The Courts do not charge for a divorce. However, if you decide to do a I want to learn more

Protection Order – domestic abuse Cape Town

Domestic abuse situation We have dealt with a range of domestic abuse situations and we have found one common ground: woman and children are always the center of it all. Unfortunately, South Africa has one of the highest statistics when it comes to abuse. When dealing with a domestic violence situation, we try to educate woman about their legal rights and what they can do on their part to break this vicious cycle. For more about domestic violence, speak to your family legal expert today and call our law offices on 021 424 3487 for an online appointment for a professional legal consultation today. What is an interim protection order? First of all, a protection order is a legal document that reflects clear rules and regulations for the abuser to adhere to and keeps the abuser in check. However, the interim protection order will have the date of the official order I want to learn more

The role of a facilitator in family matters regarding children – Should he or she make legally binding decisions or directives?

The role of a facilitator in family matters regarding children – Should he or she make legally binding decisions or directives? When parties divorce or they approached a court of law to resolve a dispute regarding a minor child, it was customary for them to appoint a facilitator should they settle the matter. Specific clauses would be inserted into consent papers and settlement agreements which the parties sign and is made an order of Court. The clauses would basically state that the parties appoint a facilitator to resolve disputes regarding the minor child and that the facilitator has certain authority and powers. Such disputes could range from one-party wanting more contact with the child or disputes regarding aspects of education, for example, which school the child goes to, or aspects regarding extramural activities. At the end of this article you would find an example of a facilitator clause.   A I want to learn more

Call Now ButtonCall now